- We are currently no longer under a mandatory eradication program. The eradication initially began in 2000 to stop the spread of canker and to protect the Florida citrus industry. Due to the wide spread infection of canker, the mandatory eradication program ended on January 11, 2006.
- Homeowners and growers who lost trees under the eradication program may replant citrus trees that come from a certified nursery in the state of Florida.
- An excess of five million nursery trees were destroyed
- An excess of eleven million residential and commercial citrus trees were destroyed
- 100% of the Division of Plant Industry Dundee Budwood Foundation was lost due to eradication
Impact of Eradication
|• History||• Eradication|
|• Decontamination||• Pathogen|
|• Symptoms & Susceptibility||• Diseases Commonly Mistaken for Citrus Canker|
|• Spread||• Management|
|• Links||• Contacts|