You can now fill out both the Extension Publication Manuscript Review Form and the Extension Transmittal Form online. Please refer to the links below.
1. Extension, refereed, non-refereed papers, books, book chapters, published abstracts, and articles for trade publications and newspapers must be submitted to and approved by the Extension Publications Committee and IFAS Citrus Programs Coordinator to obtain an IFAS Publication Number.
2. Manuscripts require a minimum of two peer reviews. Authors should ask appropriate colleagues to review their manuscript and complete an Extension Publication Manuscript Review Form. You can download, print and send in the PDF version. Blank forms are available in the CREC Mailroom. Blank forms can be sent to off-CREC locations: please contact Barbara Thompson (email@example.com).
3. After obtaining peer reviews, authors should submit the following package to Barbara Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Extension Support Office, Citrus Research & Education Center, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred, FL 33850.
- a. Reviewed manuscripts, with Extension Publication Manuscript Review forms attached. Authors should clearly demonstrate that they have considered the Peer Reviewers' comments/suggestions (e.g., numerically listing responses to major points, highlighting text, or other means of clearly indicating changes).
- b. Extension Transmittal Form (IFAS Form 2840 ). Blank forms are also available in the CREC Mailroom. If you have any questions on filling out this form, please call Barbara Thompson at 863-956-5892.
- c. Two clean copies of the revised manuscript.
- d. Prepare and email a copy of your extension document abstract to Barbara Thompson (email@example.com) in the Extension Support Office, Citrus Research & Education Center, 700 Experiment Station Road, Lake Alfred, FL 33850. The abstract is used to announce a new IFAS Extension publication is available for internal IFAS review.
4. The manuscripts are logged into a journal, and a Data Sheet is created to record the progress of final manuscript review. The package is then given to the Extension Publications Committee Chairman (Dr. Joe Noling), and the abstract is e-mailed to statewide citrus research and extension faculty.
5. The Extension Publications Committee Chairman will examine reviewers' comments and author(s)' responses. If satisfactory changes have been made, the package will be returned to the senior author for signature of the Extension Transmittal Form. If the manuscript has been significantly revised or if there were questions raised by the Peer Reviewer(s), the revised manuscript is subject to further Extension Committee Review. The Extension Committee Review will be done by an assigned member of the Extension Publications Committee or a third party designated by the Extension Publications Committee Chair. Following Committee or third party review, the manuscript package is returned to the Extension Publications Committee Chairman for evaluation. The manuscript may be returned to the senior author for further revision if necessary. Authors should provide two revised copies of the manuscript to the Extension Publications Committee Chairman.
6. After the Extension Publications Committee Chairman and the authors/reviewers are satisfied that the manuscript is acceptable for submission, the Extension Transmittal Form is signed by Dr. Noling and then signed by CREC Director, Statewide Citrus Extension Programs Coordinator, Dr. Michael Rogers. The Manuscript Transmittal Form and one manuscript copy are forwarded to the relevant department/center administrator for approval and then to the UF/IFAS Office of the Dean for Extension. The author will receive notification of approval for publication.