There is a new Virus which is a part of what is called Ransomware.
- The Ramsomeware takes control of PC and/or Data in exchange for a FEE !
- This new Ransomware is called Cryptolocker.
- The problem with this virus is that you don’t know it’s running until after the damage is done. ( after you click on the link or attachment )
Please be aware that if you get this virus by clicking on the attachment, I WILL NOT be able to help you. Only your wallet will :-(. They will grab all your data on the computer and encrypt the data so it cannot be read. The virus producers hold the key to un-encrypting the data. They will release the key for a FEE.
I highly advice to keep backups of your data !!!
To avoid this…… Please:
- Do not click on any unsolicited links
- Do not open any unsolicited attachments, even if they look legit
- If the link or attachment comes from a known email, you may still need to check if it looks weird.
- If you have a current virus infection, please get it cleaned quickly.